I STARTED DRAWING WAY BACK IN THE DAY. BEFORE COMPUTERS, TABLETS AND IPADS WERE A BLIP OF DATA ON THE HORIZON. TRADITIONAL DRAWING WITH PENCIL AND PAPER STILL HOLDS MY HEART.
I try to create work that holds a litle bit of magic. I obsess over tarot decks, adore ink - both tattoo and in it's luscious liquid form. I prefer tea over coffee, have a serious pencil addiction, love textured paper especially when combined with watercolour paint by the pencil, tin or tube. Last but not least, I think I'm hilarrrrious!
A two time cancer survivor the humourous often macabre, pop surrealism art movement, features strongly in both my head and in my art journals.
- Graduated from art school - sanity intact.
- Survived cancer. Twice.
- Learned that strength is flexible.
- Learned that hope does not perish. Ever.
- Mastered a pencil.
- Made the newspaper a few times.
- Published in international books.
- I own the best dog in the world.
- Helped a few people with their art.
- Made some people laugh along the way.
Current questions I require answers to: What effect does oreo chocolate have on my life? Can I even sew in a straight line? What weird things can I use to create mixed media pieces? The biggy, the question that is a constant presence lately, how can there be a pet goat in my future? If you have these or any other answers to life's great mysteries - please do get in touch!